Demo Blog

Yellow helmets painted.

by Darkenedsquire on Nov.22, 2009, under

I have painted the yellow on my assault troopers helmets in the brief time I had to paint over the weekend.

There was a thread on Bolter and Chainsword about how to paint yellow and a lot of people seem to have a problem with this so I'm going to share my method:

1. Base coated black
2. Cover the helmet in Iyandan Darksun
3. Wash Greyphone sepia ink
4. Glaze with Iyandan Darksun leaving the recesses darker
5. Edge highlight the helmet with a 1:1 mix of Iyandan Darksun and Bleached Bone






I will take more pictures soon my camera ran out of charge mid way through shooting and the batteries are currently charging so bare with me. I just wanted to put something up to go with the "painting yellow" guide so people can see the effect I achieve with it.

As another note if you are interested in marines of the first legion (the Dark Angels) check  out this blog Roninmodern. I have been following it myself after seeing some awesome pics on Bolter and Chainswords painting forums and it's well worth sharing with all of you.
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment